The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium announces IntelliCAD 6.3 beta
Additions and improvements boost value of IntelliCAD technology
Portland, OR - December 07, 2006 - The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
(ITC) today announced the beta version of IntelliCAD 6.3.
IntelliCAD 6.3 uses the latest advances in the ODA DWGdirect 2.1.1
libraries, based on the industry standard OpenDWG, which is widely supported by commercial software vendors, and the engineering community.
IntelliCAD 6.3 utilizes the new ODA libraries to enable reading and writing of the DWG 2007 file format. IntelliCAD will read, display, and write DWG 2007 files that include the ten new 2007 entity types and over 80 new system variables.
Although the focus was on DWG 2007 compatibility, a few major enhancements can be found in this release:
- A new color book editor provides the ability to effectively organize,
- create, and edit color books.
- Improved user interface for PDF export provides more flexible output options.
- Dozens of new events and a new ApplicationPreferences object were added to the COM API.
- A new Set Language command allows you to convert drawings or set your code page language preferences when opening drawings.
- Multiple enhancements for raster image handling include:
-4x increase in display performance for large images
-Lower memory footprint for large images
-Improved performance for drawings with a large number of images
-Better support for monochrome images
-New COM API for creating and manipulating image entities
In addition to the new features and DWG 2007 support, hundreds of bug fixes and minor improvements were added as well, including:
- Setup now supports Windows Vista
- Draworder enhancements for blocks and external references
- Viewport locking
- Snapping to modelspace entities from paperspace
- Pasteclip allows you to specify an insertion point
- Performance improvements with drawings containing large meshes
- Improved performance and reduced screen flicker when using dynamic Zoom and Pan
- The Tangent-Tangent-Tangent option is now available for circle creation
David Lorenzo, Development Director, IntelliCAD Technology Consortium commented, "Our extensive tests of the new DWGdirect libraries indicate that the ODA has done a great job providing 2007 DWG support. We will work closely with our members and the ODA during the beta process to insure that their solutions are working well before the final release. We look forward to receiving feedback from members and their customers."
About the IntelliCAD Technology
The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium licenses the IntelliCAD technology to its Commercial Members, who in turn provide end-user sales and support. Commercial Members offer options such as VBA, Rendering, ACIS Solid Modeling, Raster Image Display, etc., and their own applications. You may visit www.intellicad.org/members for a complete list of Commercial Members authorized to provide stand-alone versions of IntelliCAD and applications "Powered by IntelliCAD Technology."
About the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium is an independent organization of commercial software developers that has been established specifically for the development of the IntelliCAD technology. Commercial Members have access to the IntelliCAD source code, documentation, developer support, and more.
IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
10260 SW Greenburg Rd. Suite 400
Portland, OR 97223
Tel: +1 503 293 7655