Portland, OR - March 1, 2007 - The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium (ITC) today announced the release of its latest version of its cooperatively developed CAD engine, IntelliCAD 6.3. The IntelliCAD engine reads and writes the DWG data format - a binary file storage format for storing both graphics and textual annotations - used commonly by architects, engineers, designers, and virtually all CAD-related software applications.
IntelliCAD 6.3 uses the latest advances in the ODA DWGdirect 2.2 libraries, based on the industry standard OpenDWG, which is widely supported by commercial software vendors, and the engineering community. IntelliCAD 6.3 utilizes the new ODA libraries to interpret the updated DWG 2007 file format. IntelliCAD 6.3 will read, display, and write DWG 2007 files, which include 10 new entity types and over 80 new system variables.
Although the focus of v6.3 development has centered on DWG 2007 compatibility, other major enhancements can be found in this release:
- A new color book editor provides the ability to effectively organize, create, and edit color books.
- Improved user interface for PDF export provides more flexible output options.
- Dozens of new events and a new ApplicationPreferences object were added to the COM API.
- A new Code Page Manager command allows you to convert drawings or set your code page language preferences when opening drawings.
- Multiple enhancements for raster image handling include:
- Improved user interface
- 4x increase in display performance for large images
- Lower memory footprint for large images
- Improved performance for drawings with a large number of images
- Better support for monochrome images
- New COM API for creating and manipulating image entities
In addition to the new features and DWG 2007 support, hundreds of repairs and minor improvements were added as well, including:
- Setup now supports Microsoftâ Windowsâ Vistaä
- Draworder enhancements for blocks and external references
- Viewport enhancements, including locking viewports and assigning a UCS for viewports
- Snapping to model space entities from paper space; picking model space entities from paper space for creating dimensions and other dimensioning improvements
- The Paste command allows you to specify an insertion point
- Performance improvements with drawings containing large meshes
- Improved performance and reduced screen flicker when using dynamic zoom and pan
- The Tangent-Tangent-Tangent option is now available for circle creation
David Lorenzo, Development Director, IntelliCAD Technology Consortium commented, "Our extensive tests of the new DWGdirect libraries indicate that the ODA has done a great job providing 2007 DWG support. We are proud to release the newest update to IntelliCAD to our wide audience of users."
About the IntelliCAD Technology
The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium licenses the IntelliCAD technology to its Commercial Members, who in turn provide end-user sales and support. Commercial Members offer options such as VBA, Rendering, ACIS Solid Modeling, Raster Image Display, etc., and their own applications. You may visit www.intellicad.org/members for a complete list of Commercial Members authorized to provide stand-alone versions of IntelliCAD and applications "Powered by IntelliCAD Technology."
About the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium is an independent organization of commercial software developers that has been established specifically for the development of the IntelliCAD technology. Commercial Members have access to the IntelliCAD source code, documentation, developer support, and more.
IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
10260 SW Greenburg Rd. Suite 400
Portland, OR 97223
Tel: +1 503 293 7655