September 01, 2009 - Auburn, Maine - 4M's new major release IDEA Architectural v.10 has just been launched in the US market and redefines the IntelliCAD software based BIM industry standards.
Jason Costa, Sales Manager of the 4M BIM Suite in the USA market commented: "IDEA is a powerful BIM Architectural application that combines the most popular icad-like interface and functionalities with a sophisticated BIM technology on top of IntelliCAD. There is no question, IDEA 10 is a must for every Architect because it is an inexpensive solution with almost negligible costs regarding training, support and maintenance".
Some new features of IDEA10 include:
Advanced BIM structure to continuously update the project drawings (sections, views, perspectives, etc) while keeping anyinterventions made by the user (insertion of library items, text, annotation, etc).
- Project drawings smart explorer (tree-view browser of the drawings).
- Faster rendering performances based on OpenGL, as well as real time virtual walk through of the rendered model.
- Enhanced roof modeler with unlimited options to design any type of roof structure and add components such as attics, lofts, skylights, inclined openings and many others.
- Intelligent design to create even more building entities (i.e. chimneys, pergolas and others).
- Significant improvements regarding architectural design refinements (i.e. smart automatic unions between building objects only if necessary, optional hiding of the wall/slab lines on the views or sections, object definition through polylines in every dialog, etc), as well as the topographical design (fully automatic creation of triangles to create the ground model).
- Unrivaled performance due to the brand new high speed IntelliCAD v.6.6 engine.
- Other new enhancements include: new interface, properties panel, polar tracking, and many others.
IDEA belongs to the 4M CAD building design Suite, which also contains FINE MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) and STRAD (Structural Design) BIM applications, integrated on top of IntelliCAD. For more information please see: